Wednesday, April 11, 2012

getting there

Met with the dietician yesterday and she signed off.  She also looked in my file and doesn't see any issues about getting the surgery.  So the next step is to schedule the surgery.  I was hoping to do the surgery on the Thursday after school ends but turns out the surgeon only performs the surgeries on Mondays and Tuesdays....so now I'm thinking I'll get a substitute nurse work for me the last two days of school and just get her done that first Tuesday of June.

That's less then two months away.

WOW.

I met someone at support group who was three weeks post-op and she looked and felt great (and down 16 lbs -- exciting).  I keep reading and listening for those stories of what it's like for people those first few weeks out.

I can't believe it's just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment