Of course, I slept most of yesterday since I worked New Year's night and got a total of 3 hours of sleep the 24 hours previous and was really really tired -- slept 'til 4 which was awesome.
To help me kick start the year I think I'm going to join in the weight loss boot camp at shrinking jeans. Come join me (along with some other bloggers and a big thanks to Linda for sharing!)
I was looking at my progress for the last year and while it wasn't what I wanted, it was still down.
- I started 2013 in the 230's and I'm 15+ pounds down from that -- this is not a bad thing
- I can shop in the regular stores - I even bought jeans, JEANS at Old Navy and they fit, not even snugly
- I don't feel people stare at me in horror
- I am okay with the way I look, I don't love the way I look, but I don't look at myself in horror
- I finally - four years after nursing school - have a job in a hospital (that whole we need nurses thing isn't really the case in the Denver area and it is really difficult to find hospital nursing jobs -- I've been working as a nurse but that hospital experience is necessary for my goals, so glad I finally got it and I'm loving it)
- Not only am I on the floor, I'm working nights and staying awake through the shift and have enough energy to care for my patients even in the 12th hour of my night shift
- I am back in school to get my teaching certification so I can teach nursing (one of my nursing goals -- my other is to eventually go into Hospice)
2013 has been good!
2014 will be good as well!
A cousin from DC is coming to visit today, she'll be here until Sunday. She and her son are Vegan. Gah! I'm more a relaxed version of Paleo.
I've got a lot of vegany snacks and I'll have my high protein snacks, but for dinners I'm planning:
Latkes (I'll enjoy mine with plain greek yogurt)
Vegan Lasagna -- it's made with a cashew cheese and soy cheese - so plenty of protein
Tofu Stir Fry
It was kind of fun looking for Vegan-high protein meals. I've been kicking around the idea of going Vegan a couple days a week -- mostly to help Jason with his cholesterol issues - studies show a Vegan plan helps tremendously with high lipids. But there's no way EVAH he'll go Vegan completely -- but a couple days a week would be a good compromise.
I'm scheduled to work tonight, but I asked to get called off if they don't have enough patients -- snow is pretty melted and it'll be 51 today - so no ice issues to cause accidents. The New Year's Revelers are back at work and not being stupid any more. So pray the skiers don't hit any trees, no car accidents and people aren't riding their horses and falling off so that I don't have to go in and I can visit with my out of town vegan family.