1. Think of 11 facts you'd like to share about yourself.
2. Answer the questions I asked.
3. Think of 11 questions you'd like to ask (come on, have fun, it's a way to be nosy without being rude)
4. Nominate 5 bloggers (apparently they should have less than 200 followers).
Alrighty -- here's my stuff.
11 Facts about myself:
1. I am a procrastinator - this is not something surprising to people who know me. In fact I am procrastinating right now by doing this post.
2. I suck at spelling and yes, I was an English major - my grammar isn't that great either.
3. My ultimate career would have been an interior decorator. It's actually the one thing that has been consistent my entire life. As a kid I would make doll houses out of shoe boxes, complete with floor plans. Then given them to my sister so she could play with the dolls in the houses. I would start on a new one, because that was the fun part for me.
4. I redecorate my friends' houses in my head instead of counting sheep.
5. I love being a mom.
6. I have great kids, so it's easy to love being a mom.
7. HGTV is on right now and I watch it all the time. I love it when the boys watch it with me. They like to guess which house the people pick in Love it or List it and in House Hunters.
8. I love being a nurse. I love helping people and teaching them to advocate for their health.
9. Nursing school almost killed me. I don't really believe being treated in such a way made me a better nurse, it rather terrified me and broke me down. Making it through, did not give me a sense of confidence either, it made me resigned and bitter to those who thought they were trying to 'teach' me lessons.
10. If I ever had my own HGTV show I would call it RX for Design Disasters and I would wear scrubs -- I think that would be a fun way to combine my nursing love with my decorating love.
11. I have the best husband evah! I know those of you married to great men think I may be wrong, but I am not, he's awesome! We've been together 27 years and married 20.
Questions asked by the person who nominated me, Super Snail's Pace.
1.What careers did you consider before the one you are in currently?
Actress, but then I realized I was terrified talking in front of people, Lawyer, because my parents thought it would be a good idea, given I argued a lot and was good at it, Nun, yeah, not sure why, decorator or writer. I’m a Gemini, there were many many more considerations.
2.What were you most afraid of as a child? What are you most afraid of now?
The dark and monsters under the bed. The dark and monsters under the bed.
3.What type of music do you enjoy?
Pop, ABBA (don’t judge), 80’s
4.What is different about your life today that you never would have predicted 10 years ago?
I’m actually a nurse and working full time.
5.Do you watch any sports on TV? Which ones?
No, it’s on in the back ground because my 13 year old watches everything. I will watch my kids do their sports though.
6.What was your most favorite vacation?
We just went to Italy and it was fantastic, but my all time favorite was Hawaii – because it was so relaxing!
7.Star Wars or Star Trek?
We have a Star Trek tree at Christmas (it’s my husband’s)…’nuff said.
8.What is the last movie you saw in a theater?
Trouble with the Curve, I took Jake because I thought it was more baseball and less whatever it was. I liked it, Jake did not.
9.Do you wear a watch? If you don’t, why not?
10.What do you look forward to about the holidays? What do you dread about the holidays?
I love, LOVE the holidays; I throw a couple great parties. I love decorating, planning the parties, visiting with friends, shopping, being with family, cooking…love it all. I am not looking forward to putting all the crap away
11.If you were the leader of your country (i.e. president, prime minister, etc.), what are the first changes you would make in the country’s policies?
Do away with political ads and include more debates. No one makes their decisions on a 1 minute sound bite.
Questions I want to ask my nominees.
1. Was there a pivotal moment that made you decide to take on this weight loss challenge or a combination of different moments and what where they?
2. If you could tell something to the 20 year old you, what would it be?
3. What is your favorite holiday/season and why?
4. What is your favorite thing about blogging? Your least favorite thing?
5. If you were in a zombie apocalypse what would be your weapon of choice (this question brought to you by my children).
6. How well to you take advice? How well do you give it?
7. Think of a time that makes you smile....describe what happened.
8. Name one thing on your bucket list.
9. Name a pet-peeve -- particularly if you do it yourself so it's even WORSE when other people do it (not that this is EVER a problem for me).
10. If money and size are no object where would you shop for your clothes.
11. Do you think people are essentially good, or bad and why?
My nominees (please please play):
(isn't that just a great name for a blog)
(I want to be her when I grow up, even though she's younger than I am)
(A big congratulations to her first 50 pounds)
(She's an awesome blogger with a lot of wit and leaves thoughtful responses)
(She's new to the WLS world as well as WLS blogging world, and by the way she writes, I really think I'm going to like her)