Monday, February 20, 2012

okay, self-pay it is

Jason changed jobs and we got new insurance.  I was hoping there was a chance that this policy would have bariatric coverage so I called today to see.

nope

You know what else we don't get, orthodontics.

I just wrote a nifty big check to basically have my son tortured for the next two years

but that's not the point of this story -- I'm just whining about the lack of insurance for pretty teeth and a smaller butt.

Seriously, obesity is a serious money drain for insurance companies...it would be cheaper for them to cover the surgery.  There's not a lot of foresight into that decision.

I so need to rule the world.

Self-pay it is. In one way that's good, I might have had to do the whole wait six months, now I can go ahead and get it done in the beginning of June like I originally planned (glass half full).

At least the orthodontist has a payment plan, wish that was the case for this surgery.


5 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear that you will have to self pay. I would have never been able to this without my insurance. I am getting ready to change jobs, so I will have to pay for fills now...but I am ok with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you are still able to do this for yourself! Insurance sucks..they have too much control over our healthcare

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! That sucks but you know what you want and you have the means to do it. It'll be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry your insurance doesn't cover it, but maybe this is a blessing in disguise. (Yeah, I hate myself for saying it, too.)

    ReplyDelete