Friday, June 15, 2012

waking up after surgery

This was my first experience having surgery and I have to say it was one trippy feeling.  I remember being wheeled into the OR and getting on the table.  The head nurse was talking about how he got a speeding ticket on the way to the OR. I remember getting nervous so I was doing some deep breathing exercises and keeping my eyes closed as they prepped everything. The anesthesiologist put the oxygen mask on me and BAM nothing.

I woke up in post-op at first saying "ouch, ouch ouch" they must have pumped me with enough Diluaded that I was able to speak.  The head nurse came by to see how I was doing and I teased him about his ticket, he couldn't believe I remembered.  Then I started babbling about a dream I had and when my nurse asked what it was, I said "I had no idea"

then...the really goofy stuff happened.

My hopped up on drugs one-sided conversation:

When can I see my husband?
I love my husband.
He's such a wonderful man.
We met in high school.
(husband comes in about this time)
We've been married for 20 years.
I love him so much.
When can I see him.

Jason: I'm here honey
Nurse: She's doing really well, we'll take her up to her room soon, we'll come get you when it's time.

Me: ouch ouch ouch
(more Dilauded)
Honey, I love you so much.
(he leaves)
My husband is so great
I'm so lucky.

OMG -- such a goober.

I do love my husband.
I just don't normally go on and on about it.

So on mushy foods for the next two weeks...
and hmmmmm.
dreaming about grilled salmon and asparagus --- at least my dreams are healthier.

Tried some orange dreamsicle protein powder in with my one ounce of plain greek yogurt...and not bad...

4 comments:

  1. Well it's good to know that even high on life you love your husband...haha! xoxo Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, on the bright side, now your hubby knows EXACTLY how much you love him and that you're, apparently, very lucky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. dang...you must have one fine husband if he was on your mind the whole time!!!! lol---its a wonder what the hard core drugs will do to you...guess you are not a strip and get on the table kind of girl---takes all kinds :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a funny story! I hope I can remember what I say when I get out of surgery. How are you doing now?

    ReplyDelete