Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wednesday Weigh In

Starting Weight: 320
Last Recorded Weight 228
Today's Weight 232
+4

It's not just math.....
So while I was going through my graze-carb-don't-think-about-my-food stage I still lost some weight, it wasn't great weight loss, but it was going down.  I had to admit that even though this type of eating didn't make me feel good and energetic since the scale was going down I really thought I had a 'handle' on it.  Like maybe, maybe I could get away with it.

Stop rolling your eyes....I know! I was totally deluding myself!

Last Wednesday I weighed in at 228...then like the very next day it went up and by Saturday I was at 233....5 pounds in three days...now did I have an excess of 17,500 calories in 3 days (3500 x5) ? Highly doubtful. And I'm not deluding myself here because even though I was grazing...I still couldn't put a lot away.  But there it is a weight gain of five pounds.

So now I'm on track.  Since I started this, I've lost 1 pound of the 5 I gained.

So not fair that I can gain weight so quickly but not lose that quickly.

Are any of you watching the Biggest Loser.  You see it on there. I forgot his name. One of the bigger guys on the blue team worked out like a fiend, he ate what he was supposed to and nothing, zero, zilch weight lost second week.  Jillian, who I can't decide to hug or slap, called it second week phenomenon. I call it metabolically efficient.  Whatever it is, it's not basic math.

Stubborn freakin' weight...it's worse than a pre-teen boy wanting to hang out with is friends after dark in the park (no, son, that isn't going to happen!).

I'm not discouraged.  I'm pissed.

So yesterday I stayed on my plan.  I did eat dinner, I just couldn't stomach another shake.  Today is soft proteins.  Thank goodness.

Here's what it looked like:

Tuesday, January 8, 2013
TARGET 
2500
Calories
Burned

this day
2181
87%
TARGET 
1500
Calories
Consumed

this day
867
58%
TARGET DEFICIT
1000
Calorie
Balance
 
this day
1314
DEFICIT
Calorie DeficitCalorie Surplus


My total protein was 51% of my day, 113g.

Here's what dinner looked like:


 These are teriyaki pineapple chicken meatballs you get at Costco (I'm all about convenience) For my family I served them on top of some stir fry veggies and some edamame (well except for my son who is allergic to soy, he just got the veggies and the meatballs and a pear -- a little soy okay, too much, not okay)
 Jason, rearranged my plate for me...He thought it was more appealing, I thought it was a little creepy but then creepy makes me laugh.
 Here's the information about the meatballs.  That combined with the edamame as my veggie choice gave me a nice protein punch.


Dinner
EDIT
ProCarbFatCal
1.0Serving AIDELL's Chicken Meatballs Teriyaki & Pineapple9.0 g5.0 g8.0 g130.0 Cal
0.5Cup Edamame, Frozen, Prepared8.4 g7.7 g4.0 g94.6 Cal
Total17.4 g12.7 g12.0 g224.6 Cal


I have a great plan for today!

Happy Wednesday blogland -- only three more days until the weekend...whoo hoo.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, those look great. I am going to look for them the next time I go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those meatballs! They're a go-to for me for convenience as well.

    As for the basic math. UGH! I hate when people say, "It's calories in vs calories out." Um...not it isn't. If it was as simple as math then we'd all be thin. Not all calories are created equal. Period. And the body doesn't always cooperate either. Blah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hum, those meatballs look pretty good. I might have to find some of them!! :)

    It totally sucks at how easy it comes on and how hard it comes off. If only life were fair...right! haha

    ReplyDelete