Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Revulsions

My nine year old told me he had a "New Year's Revulsion"  I corrected him, but then thought, "hmm, he's on to something".

I make them every year, even when I claim I don't.

And pretty much fail them.

Which is weird because I'm not really a failing kinda gal (well except for my weight).

This year, my resolutions/revulsions are going to be things I can do.

here they are:

Finish my Master's of Science in Nursing (I'm almost there!)
Write down what I eat
Exercise 3 times a week
Get WLS (this summer)
Spend time with the family (more so after #1 is done)

All attainable.  Nothing too out of reach.  No, losing 5 lbs a week, only eating meat, exercising 7 days a week for 1 hour, no I will be the best mom ever, no best wife ever, no unrealistic out of character detailed goals that I am sure to fail.

2012 is about success.

My nine year old's one resolution -- Not get coal in his stocking.

He's a smart kid -- keepin' it simple.

Happy 2012 everyone!

3 comments:

  1. He IS a smart kid. Cuz he has a smart mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keepin' it simple is right! I think you have great goals...reasonable and attainable. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great goals - for you and the little man! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete